Friday, February 18, 2011

The Thing I Have No Name For

Day 20.

There are two glasses on the kitchen counter.  One is full right to the brim with crystal clear poland spring water.  The other is full of air.  From a distance, the empty glass and the full glass look exactly the same.

I am full of emotions right now.  So full it hurts.  I feel so much that I can't discern one feeling from the next and sometimes they are so painful that my nerves shut down and I can't feel a thing.  I think my cup is about to overflow, but it feels so empty.

I wish I could see the difference.  The distance is excruciating.  Everyone feels so far away.  What is this thing that is stopping me from getting closer?

I'm so sad right now that I'm praying for tears like rain in a drought.  Crying eases sadness...  It makes fields fertile again.  But the tears just won't come.

Why won't they come?

TFR. SYT.

No comments:

Post a Comment